This is a used IBM Intelistation M Pro with eComStation 2.0 installed and configured. It has an Adaptec SCSI-320 adapter with an IBM e-server hard drive. Sound, USB and wired network work. The display hardware is supported by SNAP graphics in VESA mode. Lots of useful OS/2 software is installed.
This computer was damaged in shipping, and has been overhauled. Parts came from two other donor computers. IBM overbuilt the Intellistation series -- they also sold this series as a Netfinity server. If 36 GB seems meager by today's standards, just check the box to add a SATA 500 GB drive.
The Suntan Special Advantage
3bopeep comes with Suntan Special. I use Suntan Special to install the software on all Blonde Guy computers. Suntan Special software can be used to install all updates to the system and its applications and to install additional applications. When newer versions of software are released, Suntan Special can keep your Blonde Guy computer up to date.
This computer has one fixed 36 GB disk.
I have supplied sufficient RAM to allow many programs to run at once, or support virtual machines.
The USB 2.0 ports support keyboards, mice, scanners, thumb drives, cameras, MP3 players, external hard drives, floppies and CD Writers.
The CD writer can read and write CD media with an 700 MB capacity.
The display hardware is based on the NVidia Quadro, which provides fast graphics on the OS/2 or eComStation platforms.
Connectors for USB are provided on both the front and the rear of the computer for more convenience.
The case is physically damaged -- scuff-marks, scratches and a dent are visible. While the case does open and close, it is slightly bent.
None of the following items are included: monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, ethernet cable, printer cable, USB cable. If you need any of these contact Blonde Guy for a quote.
- Blonde Guy computers run the eComStation 2.0 GA release.
- Suntan Special is included with each computer. All applications that are pre-installed by Blonde Guy can be kept up to date using Suntan Special.
- The OpenOffice.org office suite is installed. OpenOffice has good compatibility with Microsoft Office documents.
- The ePDF software has been installed to allow the creation of PDF output from any OS/2 application. Speaking of PDF, Acrobat Reader 5, Lucide, GSView and GhostScript are installed. The Acrobat Reader 5 is configured as a plugin for each of the installed browsers. Lucide is associated with desktop PDF objects.
- Computer maintenance programs include eCS-MT, Suntan Special, a trial version of DFSee, Sysbench to measure the speed of the computer, SmartMon to asses hard drive condition, PCI to scan the system hardware and SystemInfo to view the entire computer configuration.
- The Embellish graphics editor and a demo of the PMView graphics viewer are installed.
- The FAT32 file system is installed.
- A number of web browsers are provided: Firefox, PmW-Fx and Seamonkey. KompoZer, a powerful web page editor, is installed. Each browser has flash, java and acrobat plugins configured.
- Thunderbird, PMMail and Polarbar Mailer are installed to provide a choice of e-mail client program.
- Java 1.1, Java 1.3.1 and Java 1.4.2 are all installed to give a choice of Java platform. The Java 1.4.2 plugin is used in the browsers. Suntan Special allows you to change the java support in each browser individually.
- Limewire and Z! music player are provided to support music needs. The CD Player is correctly configured to play music CDs. Generic MP3 players that connect via USB are supported.
- Mr. Message is provided to allow participation with AOL Messenger users.
- Night Vision provides a view of the night time sky and any location and time.
- Software developers will appreciate SmartCVS and SmartSVN, which allow browsing of open source project source code at Netlabs and SourceForge. The Visual SlickEdit and med programmer's editors are provided. The gcc compiler, perl, WDSibyl and the OS/2 toolkit are installed.
- Cameraderie and Fotoget provide support for digital cameras.
Graphics by Colorful Language
Copyright 2010 by Blonde Guy